Monday, May 20, 2013

Are you queuing?



HELLO!!!!!

I'm so glad to hear that you all had a wonderful week.


And also a trying one. How lonely I would have felt if I was the only one! :)


So, I got my "baby"! Her name is Sister Roscher, and I LOVE her. She's from Idaho/Texas. And I'm pretty sure I know her. Can you log onto my FB and stalk her? Her name is Meghan Roscher and her twin's name is Allyson Roscher. Can you tell me who our mutual friends are? We've been trying to figure out how we know each other all week. It's a much harder game to play when you have no FB input. haha.


In a nutshell, this week has been really intense. Sister Muller and I had built up a pretty good teaching pool (for England's standards. All of you South American missionaries....no. Not your idea of a good teaching pool.) And then it all fell apart. Dropped. Flogged. Ignored. Oh. But the best was the phone call we got from our investigator.... in JAIL. So we are basically starting from scratch. Again.


Yep. So....that makes for a rough week. If I didn't KNOW that I am here for a reason, I would really be struggling. BUT my companion and I have decided that we are going to be positive and just look for the miracles. Because when we look for miracles, we will see them. and when we recognize our blessings we have, we will receive more.



So, this week's miracles.....


I FINISHED MY JOURNAL!!! I don't know why, but I seriously feel like I deserve a gold medal for that. haha.


I haven't gotten us lost. Too badly.


We've seen lots of Birmingham on our way to appointments that cancel on us.

We have another set of missionaries in our ward. Which brings us up to FIVE sets in Harborne! And it's a set of sisters. Which could be super fun.


Stake conference was incredible. Elder Baxter four steps to increase the power of the gospel in our lives: Be happy. Be positive and supportive of one another. Be constant, be true. Serve others. But my favourite was from President Eyring: Full happiness is available to each one of us in the midst of our deepest trials.



My companion's coat was stolen from the chapel while we were in coordination meeting before Stake Conference. Someone found her nametag hanging up on a tree outside, and the coat was no where to be found. Which is horrible. Last night I prayed that she would get her coat back. She told me that was a weird thing to pray for. And then when we showed up to the chapel this morning to email.....guess what was folded up next to the front door???? Her returned coat! What a miracle!!!


Well, that's all for this week. But next week can only be better. Right? Right?? :)


If God be for us, who can be against us?

I love you! thank you for all your support and prayers. I need them, and I feel them.


Have a good week!


Sister Miller


Miranda











No comments:

Post a Comment