Monday, December 2, 2013

Real Thanksgiving!

It’s nearly the end of another transfer, and so my life is MAYHEM. This week, we have two exchanges and a workover. And mission leadership council. No pressure. And no time in my area.

(No matter how perfectly we plan our transfer, somehow the last week ends up being pure madness. I guess that’s what happens with having 9 teams of sisters. Stuff just gets crazy.)

On the other hand, this past week was fab.

We decided to go see Martin again (we had kinda dropped him, hoping that would help him progress.). So we went back, and best miracle ever.

Her name is Juliette.

To be honest, I thought he’d made up his girlfriend.

(I know. Bad Sister Miller.)

 But... she exists and she is brilliant. She asked great questions, and lectured Martin to bits. In a good way. At one point, she turned to him and said: “Martin. You need to just do what they tell you to. These girls glow, and they just GET it.”
Preach it, Juliette.
And we ended up spending most of the lesson talking about eternal marriage. Juliette loved it. (It was really cool because the member we had taken with us is recently reactivated and married to a recent convert. They are going to be sealed on their first wedding anniversary, so it was amazing to have her testimony. She and Juliette were BFFs by the end of the lesson.)



And we met with Max again. He said: “Now, before you teach me, I have some questions for you about this Plan of Salvation. First off, I want to talk about agency.”

Well I guess that’s the perfect place to start.

He asks the most brilliant questions, and he processes everything SO well. He needs to step back and let it click a bit, but he will. He didn’t accept a baptismal date, but he did say he would be baptised. He reminds me of a young version of Dad. He’s incredible.




And last note: Thanksgiving. One of my favourite families in the ward had us over. They made us a “cooked dinner”. (Which is roast meat and veg.) For the ‘spiritual thought’ we each said what we were thankful for. And the Spirit was just so strong. By the time we went around the table we were all pretty teary eyed. It’s amazing how simply being grateful can bring such joy. I think we all overlook that too much.

My mission President sent us this poem. I fell in love with it:



I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for—but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.



I am most richly blessed. I have an incredible family, the restored gospel, my mission, and my Saviour.

What more can I ask?

xxx

Sister Miller

 random epic sheep.(If it seems like I have become obsessed with sheep, it's just because I'm in Wales. )




No comments:

Post a Comment