Monday, February 17, 2014

And the rain rain rain came down down down....

Oh man. What can I say about this week? It was incredibly stressful. It was very fast. It was slightly frustrating. But also entertaining.

I hit my year mark this week. Which blew my mind a little bit. It's kinda surreal. Sounds silly, but the weirdest part for me is that I can now tell you what I was doing exactly a year ago at this time. haha. Oh the benefits of planning. A year ago today is the first time I invited someone to baptism. Yeah, it was in a lesson in the TRC (read: fake lesson), but I could feel the Spirit so strongly.
I think that was the first time I understood my purpose clearly as a missionary. I love what it says in Preach My Gospel: “More happiness awaits than you have ever experienced as you labour among the Lord's children.”
And that is so true. I have been so incredibly happy this year. Yeah, I mean, I've also cried more than I have in my life and sometimes I've been so stressed I wanted to yank my hair out, but that's part of it. I have experienced so much true joy this past year. I have grown in so many ways. Each up and down has been so necessary.
I am so humbled by this opportunity. My only purpose have been to serve my Saviour. I love what someone said a few weeks ago in church: “I think the greatest title I could aspire to is being a Friend of Christ, and I struggle enough just being a servant.”
It's so true.
I feel so grateful for the time I've served, and for every day that I have left. It's going to be good.

So this week: Goal: Aspire higher. Serve more fully.

Sorry this is short! Know it's full of love though!
Have a good week!

xxx
Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment