Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weather forecast for Wales: Pouring rain. Lightning. Rain. Hail. Rain. Rain. Rain. Five seconds of sun. Repeat.

Family!!


Have you heard about the storms here? We have been so blessed and protected. Just so you know.

I cannot even begin to count the number of miracles we have had this week. Each day has just been so full of blessings.

We met this man named Ian. He’s married to a lady who  has been less-active for 30 years. He pretends to have all these crazy questions and objections but secretly I think he already believes that God is there. He just wants us to show him. After the first lesson, I had no interest in going back. He seemed angry and contenious and I just didn’t think it’s a good teaching envionment.

 But my companion was so good. She saw his worth and potential and we went back. He felt the Spirit. After we talked about the Restoration, he came up with like twenty questions to “disprove” it. But he was deflecting. Yeah, buddy, that ain’t gonna work.

It was one of those lessons where  I could just so fully feel the power and authority of the calling of a missionary. I just looked him straight in the eye and testified that I knew it was true. And I do. I couldn’t have more confidence in the Resoration had I been in the Sacred Grove or handled the plates for myself.

And I asked if he really wanted to know for himself that it was true too. He kinda didn’t know what to say to that. He literally just stammered. And suddenly I knew that he did want to know if it was true. He just couldn’t admit it. He’s had a hard life, and so has trouble accepting that God loves him. But Ian will come to know it’s true. I recieved that witness yesterday, and I look forward to watching his life transform.

He said: I hope you like throwing yourself up against a brick wall, because that’s what you are in for.

Well Ian, I don’t intend on hurling myself at anything. I plan on you taking down that brick wall all by yourself as you come to know the gospel is true. And I think he liked that.



And we started teaching like five other people. And they all just are so precious.

Remember me mentioning Marcia a few months ago? She’s from Portugal? We decided to go by, because Sister Dorado speaks “some” Portuguese as well as Spanish. (Yeah right. If you can have a full half hour conversation and lesson, you KNOW Portuguese.) Marcia said: I have been waiting for you! I hope you don’t mind that I kept reading your book?

Uh, well, I mean, if you had to keep reading it,  I guess that’s okay.

The Spirit was just so strong. I sat there and could understand so little, but I could feel it.

As we left the lesson, Sister Dorado turned to me and said the scariest sentence ever: Sister Miller, we are going to start teaching you Portuguese so you can participate in the lesson.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I would run for the hills, but you have to stay within sight and sound of your companion. So reaction of choice? Fetal position. haha.

So we got permission from President to do language study and tonight we begin. It’s going to be an interesting experience, to be sure.



Basically, I know that the Lord is there and that He cares. He is so aware of us, and there are a thousand infinitely tender mercies everyday.

I love being a missionary. There is joy in every day. Yesterday I had like three ward members pull me aside and ask why I was glowing.

Duh.

I’m a missionary! What is there not to glow about???????????



I love you all.

xxxx

Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment