Saturday, May 17, 2014

We get to talk this weekend!!!!!!! :)

The UK has this wonderful thing called Bank Holiday this week. Read: every library closed and so very short email time. Yay!


I don't have too long to email, but I'll be frank. This was a hard week. Like, really hard. But I've had a few of those. And I've learned how to look for the blessings in them.

Saturday, we left the chapel and were headed home for the night. It wasn't the best of days, and I really was praying for some help.

My companion suggested we go home the back way. I didn't want to, because I knew there wouldn't be as many people that way, but I followed her anyway. And there was absolutely no one.

Great.

Just what I needed. A walk with just me and my thoughts.

So we started talking. As we came around a corner, I almost tripped on a green camo backpack. I knew there would be someone there, but dismissed it as probably being a homeless person. (Not always the best idea to talk to homeless people later at night.)

We kept going, but I felt like I needed to go back. So I paused, and thought...is that the Spirit, or is that just me?

Let's be real.

That's a stupid question. I can't believe I even thought it. Should the Spirit have to prompt me to do every good thing? So I turned around and was really surprised to see a really clean-cut guy, eating steamed broccoli with a proper knife and fork.

We started talking, and let me tell you. He's amazing!! He started praying about a year ago, and knows God as blessed him so much. He said he hasn't yet found where he is supposed to worship, that something is missing.

Then somehow in the convo, I pulled out a Book of Mormon and read Ether 12:4. And he got kinda teary. His mum just died a week ago, and he said that he's been praying for God to send him something that would help strengthen him. He said that he was praying for someone to show him how to become more secure. And what verse did we read with him?

Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

 

How could I know that from a camo backpack? God is so aware of the needs of His children.

He asked if we could share more. I think that would be okay, Rob.

 

I am so grateful for the multitude of tender mercies the Lord has shown me. What a privilege even just so many conversations with people have been. I could go off about numbers or crazy stuff, but it's the little things that have changed me. It's in the tender mercies that I have seen that Heavenly Father is a real being. He is there. He is aware. I promise you that. My favourite image is that of a little girl holding her father's hand. He will never let us go. He will be there for us. We may forget, but He will never forget us.

I love you.



Hey. We talk this weekend. How did that come so fast????



Sister Miller


A Ward Member brought us Skippy PB from Costco. First time I've had American PB in over a year. We just kept sniffing it. haha.  My taste buds were so happy.


 Millenium Centre, right by our house. This is like a five minute walk from where we live. Love it.
City Hall. It's right across from the chapel so we take a lot of lunch breaks here. Gorgeous, eh?

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment