Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hello, America!! Isn't it a WONDERFUL day???? :)




























This was SUCH a good week. In so many ways. For one,we taught a ton of people and saw changes in them. For another, Sister Roscher and I met all our transfer goals! For another, we got soaking wet all week. It was brillliant.


I don't even know where to start. As usual. Haha. Sorry I'm so scattered sometimes! But hey, that's typical Miranda shining through Sister Miller. This week, I may have lost the phone approximately five hundred times.


And the keys.


And my bag.


And my scripture markers.


And some of my clothing.


And some important papers.


And all our chocolate.


(And of the above, we all know losing the chocolate caused the most desperate searches. Haha.)But hey, still haven't lost my companion so we are in GOOD shape.






This week, I just felt the Spirit SO MUCH when we taught. It was so incredible. I LOVE how suddenly a question will come to my mind, and it changes everything. And a lot of times they are questions I never would have thought of on my own, or would not have had the courage to actually voice. We had a lesson with a less active family. We were going to talk about the Plan of Salvation, but we felt like we needed to ask them what their “gospel vision” was...how they saw the gospel empowering and enabling them. And they had no answer! I was floored. We can't progress if we don't have a goal. My daddy taught me the only way to plant in straight lines is to pick a point and head towards it. And so we did. Hopefully progress can actually occur now. :)


And so I've thought a lot this week about how I see the gospel changing me for forever. And basically without writing a ridiculously long email, let's just say that there is no way I could be fully happy without the gospel in my life. And right now I get to tell that to others all day, every day. It's the bomb.


And some days, you just hear heartbreaking stories all day long. People trust missionaries because they can feel the Spirit, and so they tell us everything (I can't count how many times I've been told that they've never shared what they've told us before), and my heart just breaks with everything they've experienced. But I'm able to deal with the heartache because of the Atonement. Truly knowing Christ will lift us and change everything.






We met with Steven again. He's quickly becoming one of my favourite people I've met here. Each time we meet, I see even more clearly that the gospel is the only way for lasting peace. He told us that he's prayed to the Virgin Mary his whole life, but because of what we taught him, he prayed to God for the first time this week!


He said he begged Heavenly Father to show him how to find the peace that he was searching for. And then he opened up his Book of Mormon, and he started reading. About baptism. When he shared that, my companion and I kind of stopped breathing. And then we bore testimony that that would be the one way he would find peace, and finally be able to recover from his past. Because only by making this covenant can we truly leave EVERYTHING behind. Then, as far as God is concerned, our mistakes never even happened. So we'll see with Steven. :) But he can feel the Spirit and he has the desire to change. And that's all we can start with!






Also, we FINALLY met up with this man who we received as a Temple Square referral two months ago. (I know! Someone from Weoley Castle went to SLC. Whaaattt!!) And he is so prepared. He's a Greek Orthodox, and he's a professor. When we told him about the First Vision and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon, he held it like it was a precious child. And then opened it up and began reading it. Right in the middle of the lesson. I have to say, I did not mind one bit!






This week, we taught OT about Patriarchal Blessings. He was SO excited. And he invited us to come with him! I feel so privileged that Heavenly Father let me find this incredible man, teach him, and see him make that crucial covenant. Now, I'll get to see him receive personal scripture. We are just so blessed! Oh. And he TOTALLY melted my heart. He told me that if I invite him to my wedding, he'll come and bring his wife and daughters. And then he said that he'd pray for me to have a boyfriend. Hahahaha.






Can I just say I love my Brummies with my whole heart? I never thought that I could love as much as I love these people. I feel like I've been given this precious gift where I can get a glimpse of their eternal potential. And it's incredible... I am able to help them so much more because I can see how they truly are so loved by our Heavenly Father.






Anyway. Enough rambling. :) I LOVE you all! Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I need it, and I can feel it!


Have a great week!






Sister Miller


Miranda






The QE at night. I love this hospital! I don't want to think of how much time I've spent inside, though. haha. Lots of visits!






A little bit soaked. We were five minutes from home and it started pouring.






Meet my Grandma! :) In a mission (because it's like a mini life), your trainer is your mother. So this is my trainer's trainer, along with her great-granddaughter. She's here visiting before she spends her summer at Cambridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment