Monday, July 1, 2013

Hey, fam! :)















I hope you have all had a great week. This email will be a little short.






So far on my mission, it feels like every other week has been either incredible or the refiner's fire. This week was a little bit of both.


Missionary work wise, it's been incredible.


Me wise, it's been a bit harder. I've been experiencing excruciating back pain for some reason. So I've been wearing a little bit of a grumpy face. haha. A little ironic to be talking about having a happy message when you are wincing in pain and just trying to stand up straight. But, I'm now armed with a hot water pack, biofreeze, icyhot, hot packs, ice packs, neuroprofen, paracetamol, and a comp who gives awesome back massages. So it's all good.


And it's been absolutely brilliant to see how I can feel the Lord helping me. The second I'm truly talking to one of His children, I can forget about the pain and focus on being a missionary. He's been so good to me.






Anyway. Enough of sounding like a broken old lady.






We met this guy named Tony. We were trying to hurry home, but decided to stop this one last person. And he's incredible! He's only been here a week. He met with the missionaries before, but didn't understand enough English to get what they were talking about. We taught him the next day, and he accepted the baptismal invitation, and then when he said the closing prayer, he thanked God for his upcoming "xing li" (I think that's how it's spelled. Chinese for baptism), and asked God to help him keep all the rules. I love this kid! he came to church, and loved it. We teach him tomorrow. I'm super stoked.


Uber funny though. When we asked him if he would be baptized on the 28 of July, he said it was too soon. "Well, how about August 4?" "Okay, that sounds good." haha. Those extra seven days....






Steven is doing well. We read Alma 36 and talked about Alma the Younger. He got really quiet. I want to know what's going on in his mind. Just tell me, dash it all!






Ech. The problems of agency. ;)






ALSO. Guess what I ate this week?


Chicken bones.






Yep. you did not misread that. It is TRUTH!


We went to Hawatu's house, and she fixed us the spiciest meal I had ever eaten. Like, eyes watering, face red, nose running, breathing fire kind of burning. It was super good... just hot enough to singe my soul a little. (Is it a gift of the Spirit to suddenly be able to handle hot food? Because I could not have eaten that six months ago.)






And she's so sweet that when she asked if we liked it I said yes. Which was mostly true.


I asked how she fixed the chicken, and she said she marinated it in Tabasco and then covered it in spices. WHOA. No wonder there was such a good burn! I tried washing the chicken down with the rice. And discovered the rice was even spicier.


But I was a good little missionary and cleaned my plate.


And then she ate her chicken bones.


So like a good little missionary, I ate chicken bones.


It was surprisingly not the worst thing I've eaten.






It's the start of a brand new month! Which means you only have a few weeks to do your HT and VT. ;) Go forth! Seriously. go!






Love you all!


xx


Sister Miller










Pics:


Last PDay, we put on war paint and ran around in the woods, playing hide n Seek with pictures (taking creeper pics of each other. Let's just say this is a difficult game when you have to be within sight and sound of your comp. haha.). Weird, but it was the best.










Would you buy your drugs from here?? I'm pretty sure their selection is a little bit sketchier than most pharmacies. The Shire. bahaha.






































































My current favourite house. You may have noticed my favourite changes a lot. :)













































No comments:

Post a Comment