Monday, September 16, 2013

Why does there have to be a subject line? Just read the letter.

Hiya!
I feel like a three year old saying that, but that's what everyone says here. It's odd adjusting to it. But it's either say it or sound like an American. ;)

Also, to answer your question: my favourite Welsh word is cwtch. It's means to cuddle up, but not necessarily in a romantic way. So those people all want to fit in your pew? Well, we'll just cwtch up and let them in.
And Mom, sorry to be anticlimactic, but the word for Mom is Mam. Pronounced Mom. Haha.
And THANK YOU!!! For sending all the family history things. I LOVE it! And guess what???? I drove to Carmarthen this week! So I was SOOO excited today to see that was a hometown of my ancestors. If I ever serve in Newcastle-Emlyn, I will be sure to drag my comp around to a few cemeteries and parishes with me. She'll love it. I'll make it a game like we did when we were little. Haha.

Have I mentioned how much I love Wales??? First off, it's the most beautiful place it the world. It's the first country God created (See Gen 1:21 for proof. ;) ). And the Saints here are incredible. I love my ward so much. When President tells me it is time to move on, I will be like that little old groundhog on Ice Age. No! I was born in this hole and I'll die in this hole. This is my hole! :) Really. I just may move to Abergavenny and buy a fifteen passenger van and command the missionaries to fill it each week on the way to church.
Basically, I may just live here for the rest of my life.

But on to the missionary work. You poor people have to hear me rant about it Wales all the time. Feel free to skip it and just admire the photos. I'll annoy you with it enough when I come home. Haha.

So this week, my companion and I presented Zone Meeting. And I spoke on Sunday. (So it was the week of Sister Miller preaching.) This wasn't my entire talk, but I do want to share my favourite thing about the gospel that I have learned. Like, ever. (And it's not crazy deep. I'll share those things when I get home. Haha)
So. If you know me, you know my LOVE of anatomy and physiology. One of my favourite things I learned was that as couples age, they begin to look alike because they mirror each other's reactions and begin to age in the same way, and so look more alike.
So, take that with 1 John 3:2 and Alma 5:19. Go read them now. And then keep reading.
(Or just be lazy and keep reading.)
When we spend our lives looking to Christ and trying to emulate Him and react as He would, we then can look like Him. Just like those couples can look alike after a lifetime relationship, so too can we look like Christ when we spent a lifetime trying to become like Him and emulate Him.

So COOL right? Oh man I love how everything comes back to the gospel.

And then I applied that in the scriptures, showing an example of how a prophet applied that to overcome—applying the example of Christ enabled him to endure joyfully. Someday I'll give you a long run down on it.
(My poor companion has to listen to my rants about what I learned each day in Personal Study. Hey, captive audience. I will take what I can get. That is one of my favourite things. I feel like the scriptures have just come alive for me. Each day when I look at the clock and see it's 9:00, I'm absolutely gutted. But it always comes round again!)

Best miracle of the week is Martin. So, last week we left him 2 Nephi 31 to read to prepare him to learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (That's the baptism chapter, if you can't remember off the top of your head.). We start the lesson with the normal small talk: Oh, how did our reading go?
And then he told us.
Holy cow I am still freaking out about it.
He said: I've been thinking about it all day. I was trying to come up with a list of reasons as to why I shouldn't be baptised. And to be honest I really couldn't. So the conclusion that I have to give to you tonight is why shouldn't I be baptised? If Christ did it and this is His Church, why not?

…..

Que shocked silence from Sister Boots and I.

And then stuttering.

And then my favourite question ever that I would love to get to ask all day long: Well then, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptised by someone holding the proper priesthood authority?

Martin: I feel that is the conclusion God has been preparing me for.

And then more shocked silence.
And then the lesson. We were SO chuffed.
Man. God is good.
Can I just say how much I LOVE the Book of Mormon and the Spirit? God is just so incredible. There are so many miracles I get to see each day as a missionary. I love it. He is preparing people everywhere. They are hard to find here, but they ARE here!

And the great part is YOU are all missionaries too! Go do the work! ;)
And read your scriptures. For reals, people. FEAST.

Ta
Sister Miller

Pics:


Me in my happy place.

Sunset in Wales

Silly "traveling buddy" that Miranda & her MUM have sent to each other for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment