Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It is now "winter". I think normal people would call in Monsoon Season. ;)

Seriously, I opened my email this week to the BEST emails ever.

Tony FINALLY got baptised and Sister Roscher sent me a pic.

Emilee got her mission call!!!! Ah!!

Carolyn emailed me, and it was marvellous!

My old YSA bishop (who helped me so much last summer when I was quitting my job) emailed me.

And of course my fam’s emails always pic me up.



Basically, reading them made my day. The first ten minutes after I log in to my email is always the highlight of my P-Day.

I may force people to write me emails and letters even after I come home. I just love it. Phone calls? No. Emails? YES.



Rare experiences of the week:

*I now know for a fact that Peter Pan is real. I met Schmee on Saturday! He has escaped Neverland and is terrorizing Wales.      Actually, what happened was we were walking in town and suddenly this chav walks up to us and asks if we knew Scooby Doo. Next thing I know he is introducing me as Velma and kissing me on the cheek. Thank you, sir. This drunk man routine is getting rather old. I may begin wrapping myself in Saran wrap when we go out. But on the bright side, I’m pretty sure he actually was Schmee.

*As we were bearing testimony to this guy about how the gospel blesses our lives, he starts bearing HIS testimony on how Call of Duty has prepared him to deal with his daily life. I was confused at first. It took me a few minutes to realize he was talking about a video game so it was really disorientating. To each their own, I guess.

*My comp and I were proposed to twice. Yes! Post mission options, sign me up! (That’s a joke!)

*I GQ’ed an Area Seventy this week. How often does THAT happen?

*I hit my companion with the car.

    Yep. You read that right. It was just a bad week, and I had to deal with it somehow.
    Easy target.
          That’s kind of a joke. I mean, it wasn’t that bad of a week, and I prefer to use the
     word  
           ‘bumped’.

                And she will admit that it was her fault.



Funney week, eh?
Because this was the kind of week where you either laughed or cried the whole time. I chose laughter. And as you can see, it worked out pretty well.



Okay.

Yesterday we met the most amazing woman named Jayne. It was almost like someone had paid her to have all the right questions about the gospel. We were just talking on her doorstep and she just poured out her soul

 She just lost a family member and doesn’t know how to deal with it. She has a baby and wants to know what will best help her raise her daughter. She doesn’t understand how people who have experienced loss can be so happy. She said she wants the “light in her eyes” that she saw we have.

Did you get excited reading that? Because I loved teaching her. It was just amazing testifying to her. She could feel the Spirit, and asked if that was how she knew something was true. Um, yes. Basically it was amazing and I am SO stoked to go see her this week.

Ah.

I love being a missionary.



And I just had SO many powerful personal witnesses this week that the gospel is true. I’m going to rant about them to my parents and then they can choose what to share.

Basically, being a missionary is hard some days. We’ll go three or four hours without people even taking a pass-along card. And the Welsh feel rude saying no, so they’ll set up appointments and accept commitments and then flog you. (That happened sixteen times this week. Ridiculous.) But there are so many tender mercies that make this the best thing I have ever done. And I plan on it shaping my entire life.

So I love it. Loads.

And I love my area.

And I love my calling.

And I just love the whole thing.


Ta ra

Sister Miller



PS. No pics. My battery died. Which is too bad because I had some AWESOME ones to send you!! It’s okay though. I will bore you to death showing them to you over and over at some point. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment