Saturday, April 26, 2014

Girl : chick flicks :: missionary : The District

This week was transfers! My new companion is Sister Eldredge, from Spanish Fork. She went to the same high school as Danielle Esplin... small world. She is fabulous, and we are just going to rock it this transfer. So far, we've laughed loads, worked hard, and we are aiming for this transfer.
Weird fact: this is the first time I've been the older missionary in the companionship. It was always nice to delude myself into thinking I was young.
No more. Old. So very very old. You should see us hobble around when we wake up in the morning. We look like we are 80 and need hip replacements. haha.

We have short emailing time this week....the library is closed so we are sharing the computer at the chapel.

But my Easter was so good. :) I pulled a classic Miranda though. I had totally forgotten we had been asked to teach a Primary class until about an hour before church started. I was praying that there would not be any 4-7 year olds there, that they would have all gone to see their nans.
False.
Everyone else came to our ward to see their nans. We ended up with a class so full they didn't all fit in the class room. As we started singing the opening hymn, one girl just sat on the floor and started crying. I was really tempted to join her.
But guess what. We had a twenty minute lesson, they all participated, answered questions, had fun and it was so good. And then we all made Easter cards for our Mums.
The cool thing though was seeing that, as a missionary, I have learned to teach the gospel simply and use effective questions. I taught them the gospel the same way I would the investigators. I loved that.


This week: beautiful weather, beautiful conversations, everything. There have been so many moments that I developed charity for seemingly random people on the street.
And then I remember that they are  brothers and sisters. There is nothing random about that. So please remember that as you meet people this week. Remember that when the missionaries bring new (or old) faces to church. These people are precious. We have promised to serve them. So each of us need to step out of our comfort zone and make them welcome.

Have a good week!


Sister Miller

Pic: Cardiff Bay. Most beautiful one in the world. I just love this city. Friday was Sister E's birthday so we came and rode the carousel (during lunch break). So happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment