Monday, July 21, 2014

I like to look for rainbows....

So. Today’s letter will be way brief. Hopefully that’s okay. If not…well, it still will be brief.



This week, we were GQing this woman, who had two little girls. She said something to the effect of how she felt that religions were exclusive to “dissimilar” people.  My companion was answering her question, and started talking about how we are all God’s children.

The one girl’s eyes lit up, she grabbed her sister by the shoulders, and excitedly yelled:

         “I’M RELATED TO THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND!!!”

Probably the highlight of my week. If you are having a bad day, I guess you can just remind yourself that you are related to the Queen of England.



It’s cool when you go to church and the talks are just for you. That’s one of my favourite things. I tell my investigators about that when I tell them about church. We explain to them that if they prayerfully come to church with a question, they will find the answer. That’s how personal revelation works.

We don’t simply ‘go to church’, we go with a purpose. When we do that, it makes the renewal of our covenants much more poignant. When an entire ward does that, the reverence is almost palpable. I love seeing that pattern in my own life. I am so grateful that revelation is ongoing. I know that God is fully aware of us, His children. His plan for us includes a million opportunities for us to realize that for ourselves, and then act with the power that comes from that knowledge.



This week, we got soaked, got burned, got lost, found people, and a million other seeming contradictions that are the backbone of missionary life.

Thank you for all your prayers. I really appreciate it.



I love you all!!!

Xx



Sister Miller

PIC:
Probably one of my favourite things I've seen my whole mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment