Monday, October 21, 2013

Put the bodies in the basement....my missionaries are coming on Friday.



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Miranda Miller <miranda.miller@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:02 A



Hiya, family!

If I was the Wicked Witch of the West, I would have melted this week. Many many times over. I love the rain. Which is good, because it does that a little bit here. In fact right now, it's pounding on the roof of the library quite loudly.

Oh man. I thought I broke the weather opening line habit. Oh well!

And in case you read the subject line (who actually does), one of our recent converts wrote that into his "talk" he prepared to share with us. It was hilarious.


Can I just say Martin is like my favourite person ever? He's so frustrating. It's great. But he is reading in 2Nephi now, and he LOVES it. (Of course he does. There's nothing much better.)

For some reason, he really struggles on Saturdays. He just feels like he is "trapped" and miserable on Saturdays. And he doesn't know what to do. He asked his pastor, and his pastor gave him five tips to improve his Saturdays: "1. Stop meeting with the Mormons." hahaha. I got a kick out of that. Especially because Martin read 2Nephi 4 on Saturday, and he said that brought him more joy and peace than he's felt on a Saturday for a long time. It really resonated with him.

So I guess my list for him to have better Saturdays: 1. Become a Mormon.

:)

Because let's face it. The Book of Mormon is incredible. There is no way Joseph Smith wrote it. It's my greatest resource and refuge. I'm reading in 3Nephi 27, and I just love it. (I've been there for three days and just keep learning more and more.)

And if you want a free copy, go to mormon.org and request one. ;)


So, we were tracting one day. In the rain. (Which, in case you ever think of me and wonder what I'm doing, simply picture that.). And I think someone must have been passing out Grumpy pills, because I've never met ruder people in my life. It was getting to be almost funny just how grumpy they were.

And then this girl opened the door, and let me tell you. She just glowed with happiness. She was really excited to talk to us, and she said: "Hold on, I'll get my mam and then you can teach both of us. If that's okay."

Umm, let me think about that for a second. Of course it's okay!!!!!

And then her mom comes out, and I can almost hear the angels singing.

And then her mom says: We may be religious, but we don't go around inflicting it on other people.

SLAM.

Cue heartbreak.

I mean this scene happens in one way or another about 100 times a day, but for some reason this girl felt different. But, we're missionaries. So we just kept going. We finished knocking the street, wandered up another and GQ'ed for a bit, and gradually made our way back to the car.

We were about to get in, and we hear someone yell: WAIT!!!!!!

I turned around, and there was this girl! She was so out of breath. She said: "Wait. I'm sorry about my mam, but my grandma just died. But I want to talk to you. I've wanted to meet missionaries for ever so long. Would you mind just talking to me about what you believe?"

And so we did. We stood there and taught this 14year old girl. The Spirit was so strong. We just stood there in the pouring rain and testified. And she just glowed. I've never seen someone respond to the Spirit so quickly.

I feel like I can't convey how precious it was. I just felt so humbled by it. This girl chased us down, running up and down streets just to look for us. She knows God is there. She knows He answers her prayers. She knew we were sent to find her.

I love the tender mercies of the Lord. I can't even describe it. I don't know how it will go with her (with her mom being so...unpleasant.) But Charlotte Anne is one of the reasons I was supposed to be a missionary. I know without a doubt that that small instant was no "coincidence". She's why I'm am where I am.

And I love that. I love that she matters so much to the Creator of the Universe that He would let that happen. The worth of a soul is so great to our Heavenly Father! And I love getting those little glimpses of it.

Basically, being a missionary is incredible. Each day is so precious.

xxx

Sister Miller

Ps. If you have been wondering as to the lack of pictures, my comp's camera cord has apparently grown legs and run away. So there may not be some for a few weeks. But just imagine rain. And beautiful countryside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment