Monday, October 28, 2013

Tut tut, looks like rain! (From a hurricane!)

We had a Zone P-Day today. So my email is nice and short. And late. (So I will respond to all emails next week.)
We had a talent show, and it was absolutely hilarious. It was the first talent show I’ve been to in my whole life that I’ve actually enjoyed. It was legit. And I did the “I Once had a Chicken” song.  Hopefully I live that down.
This week has been good. We’ve gotten soaked, we’ve gotten bashed, we’ve  gotten lost. And I’ve learned and loved it. Unfortunately it seems to be in the hardest weeks that I’ve grown the most...and I want to grow. So good thing hard weeks come! :)



How do I tell you every wonderful little moment each week? I wish I was good enough with words to convey everything to you. But you’ll just have to make do with what little I can share.

Yesterday we met a family and started teaching them (I know! A family! Life just does not get better than teaching a family.) The little one year old just would not stop smiling at me—she tottered over to me and just held on to my boots and stared at me and smiled for a most  of the lesson. Oh it just melted my heart.

Monica’s English wasn’t too hot, so we mostly taught Max. It was seriously the most perfect lesson I’ve ever sat in on. And not because of us at all. Max is just so prepared. He asked the most AMAZING questions. We taught the Restoration lesson backwards, which was a bit of an experience for me.

But it was interesting. Max was raised in a Christian faith where he was taught that only certain people (the leaders of his faith) can feel the Holy Ghost. And he hated that. We shared that ANY man can do the will of the Lord and then know it is true (John 7:17 and five gazillion other places in the scriptures). How horrible to think that you couldn’t receive confirmation for the Lord for what He wants you to do!

I felt like the entire lesson was just so entwined with testifying of the Holy Ghost. How could you have hope if you thought you couldn’t know?

 And he told us that it’s something he wants more than anything else—to know that God is there and that He cares for him and his family.

And so I asked what has become my favourite question to ask: “If you came to know this was true, what would you do?” (I use it as a lead in for the baptismal question)

And I loved his answer. He looked us straight in the eye and said: “I’d change my life.”

I love when the Spirit is just so strong in the lesson. He KNOWS.

As a missionary, my job is so simple. We are children of God. We lived with Him before we came to live here. I just testify of what they already know. And the Holy Ghost brings all things to their remembrance.

That’s it. It’s a cinch.

If you came to know it was true, what would you do? What are you doing?

Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment