Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy British Mother's Day! (Yesterday.)

First of all. Can someone do me a hugely ginormous favour??????????????????????

Go to Julie Bonner's FB page and post this TODAY:     JULIE. I deserve the worst friend ever award. I WILL send you a letter. But I just wanted to make sure that you knew I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you, and I am so glad to call you my friend. You have done so much for me. Truly. I can't wait to play catch up, but until then have a GREAT birthday and know I love you! xxxx

Okay. Whew. Thank you in advance for doing that.

Some weeks, I can feel the power of prayers at home, and literally feel strengthened by them. My testimony of the power of prayer has grown leaps and bounds, and so much of that comes from others. I am so blessed to have so many miracles each day.

On Saturday afternoon, we were heading out of the flat, and I felt like I had hit a wall. I felt like I had given everything I could for the day and could not give any more. As I was locking the door to our flat, I was just praying that something would happen that would enable me to work. I wanted to work and I wanted to do my best, but it just felt beyond me.
As we started to head out, I had the thought to check the post. Now, I never get post at the flat (only from the mission home). And I never check it (for myself)because of that. At first I dismissed the thought, thinking that maybe I was just trying to buy a little bit more time.
But I have learned how to recognize a coming tender mercy of the Lord.

So I checked the post.
And guess what was there.

A letter.

And surprise of all surprises, it was for me!
One of my favourite members from Merthyr had thought to send me a note. It was so sweet. And do you know my favourite part: “Keep working hard, it’s missionaries like you that are the reason our families came into the church.”
I just stood there and started crying. My poor companion probably thought I had lost it.
But I was just so thankful.
The Lord was fully aware of me, and He prompted someone to take action, and they did it. I needed that tender mercy. The Lord cares enough about each of us to coordinate little miracles like this.
And we saw miracles that night because I was able to go past the point where I thought I could give anymore. I learned such a powerful lesson.
And then we talked about this quote in Gospel Principles the next day:
]
“God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs.”

I gained such a testimony of that this week.
I love the small and simple things.

And speaking of small and simple: the weather has been beautiful this past week. You’ll never guess what I saw. The sun. Yep, it was pretty beautiful.
Yesterday we needed to get to Penarth and had no other way to get there besides an hour long walk along the bay. Cardiff is seriously the most beautiful city. I am so in love with it.

And that’s it for this week! Today we are going to play rugby with the Elders for our District P-Day. I am stoked. (Don’t worry….it’s double-hand touch. No tackling. Haha)

I love you all!

xxx
Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment